Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Part 5: The Final Installment (maybe)

The Saga:
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4

Okay, just one more reminder of the utterly disgusting, dilapidated state my latest project started out in. I paid $5 for a chair that probably should have gone to the dump, or at least come with a warning sign.

Here she is now.

Yesterday she got "dressed", so she's no longer Nasty Chair or Naked Chair, but Nice Chair (weak, I know, but it's the only "N" adjective I could come up with).

I have a confession- it's not completely done. I still need to apply some trim to the back to hide the staples, and I'm considering adding some nail head detail around the bottom of the seat. What do you think?

Here's another confession- I goofed up a lot. Luckily staples aren't too difficult to pull out. :)

One final confession- it's not perfect. There are bumps and lumps and dings in the paint already, and there are techniques that I need to get better at. But I've never claimed to be a professional, or even good at this, so it's okay.

There is no denying, however, that this chair has a brand new look and several more years of life left in it now.
(*insert contented sigh here)

2 comments:

The Thornburgs said...

Wow, it looks awesome! Great job, I love giving life back to furniture...I wish I could know the story of every piece, where it has traveled, who used it, loved it...so cool! Oh, ok so after much thought I couldn't bring myself to paint those dressers so now I am sanding them...so worth the labor they are made of solid cherry and will be beautiful stained! I promise I will take pics!

Anderson Family said...

You have been busy!! Nice job, Sis!! NC is so lucky that you could visualize her true potential and give her a second chance at being someone's favorite chair!!

Mom